What happens to our children if both my spouse and I die?

Your minor children will come under the care of the guardian you appointed in your will. If you do not have a will or did not appoint a guardian in your will, then the child would come under the care of the government pending placement with the appropriate family member. If you do not have a will, your children would share equally in your estate assets but would each receive their full inheritance at 19 years old. Hopefully, you have a will and in the will you have created trusts to hold the funds for each child. If not, you need to give us a call and we can discuss how to accomplish this.

Copyright © 2016-Present | Montgomery Miles & Stone Law Firm. All Rights Reserved
Website Powered by Cutting Edge Concepts