I have no family members who I want to be my executor or trustee. Who can I appoint to handle my affairs?

If you have no family members or friends that you are comfortable appointing as the executor of your will, you can appoint a corporate trustee to handle your estate.  Most major financial institutions have corporate trustees who will manage your estate for you for a set fee.  You can also appoint a corporate trustee to work with a family member if you would like someone from your family to deal with your personal assets, but you would also like a professional who is more familiar with managing finances and the more complex estate matters that your family members may not be equipped to deal with.  Corporate trustees are regulated by law and have a fiduciary responsibility to ensure that they adhere to your wishes set out in your will and act in the best interests of your beneficiaries.

Copyright © 2016-Present | Montgomery Miles & Stone Law Firm. All Rights Reserved
Website Powered by Cutting Edge Concepts